Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Less stress

Considering this is my first Christmas as a knitter, I decided that I was being pretty hard on myself about knitting gifts. There are many years ahead of me in which to knit lovelies for my loved ones. I think the scarf I was making for my mom will be frogged, and reknit, as I realized it is entirely too wide to be functional. I'm working on a hat for my cousin, and I may make one or two more hats, but that's it. Everyone else will just have to wait. Feeling like I HAD to finish was sucking all the fun out of knitting. In the meantime, I started a new and fun project.

*Note Bellakat's paw pointing to the yarn. She's become quite the ham when I bring out the camera.
At some point in the near future, this will be the front of a pillow to match my bedroom. I plan on doing the back in a sea gray color. The yarn is Shine Worsted by Knitpicks, which I got on sale a few months ago. I wasn't sure what to do with it, but this makes great sense, and it helps use up yarn. Even though I'm very new at knitting, I've racked up quite a stash, and I've decided to stop buying yarn (mostly), and focus on using what I have. I bought it for a reason, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails