My sewing corner has long been in need of an improvement. The light in the corner is excellent, but other than the table my sewing machine sits on, I have no open space to work on sewing. I usually end up piecing and pinning on the floor, which is bad for my back, and makes sewing more of a chore than I'd like.
To remedy this, Elliott and I took a trip to Ikea (his first, and most likely, his last for a long time!) to find a workspace.
After looking at several of the options available, I settled on an unfinished top with red legs (to match my awesome red curtains!). It was easy to put together, and only cost about $65. I may finish the surface at some point, but for now it's just what I needed. In hopes that I'll find time to sew soon, I picked up some lovely fabrics in the last month.
First, from Fabricworm, some new Joel Dewberry choices.
Also, just last week from Fabric Shoppe, I bought some Mind's Eye for Riley Blake fat quarters.