I compiled two groups of fabrics that I wanted to use right away, and then picked one to start. My color combination is pink, gray and yellow. I'm using one of Oh, Frannson's free patterns, but I'm modifying it to be bigger, and thus using additional fabrics/yardage. It's the Nine-Patch pattern. I won't be following the pattern for the back, but instead using large scraps from some of fabric used for the patch blocks on the back. I cut all of my strips of fabric on Sunday, and I've been sewed like crazy last night. I've got most of the strips sewn together, but have yet to cut any into the smaller strips.
It's fun to have such a big project ahead of me.
In knitting news, I'm planning to cast on for a pair of anklet socks this weekend, but I haven't knit a stitch all week!