Pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

Paper piecing is my favorite

I mean, I have a lot of favorites. Paper piecing is definitely in my top three. It's so satisfying.

Yesterday, I pieced this fancy little dress. The ">pattern is by Charise Creates, and it was really fun to piece. I previously used her apron pattern, but I still haven't decided how I want to finish it. The oh-so-feminine fabric is Cherie by Frances Newcombe. I really love this line, and I think it is perfect for little dresses, or real dresses, for that matter! I have plans for this block already, and I hope to execute that plan soon!

I'm also working on some shirts, from Carolyn Friedlander's fun pattern. Lee has hosted two previous rounds of the All Shirts Swap, and I finally joined in for round three. I've got about seven weeks left before I have to ship my shirts, so I hope to make lots more of these little guys! if you'd like to join in, you can find the details here.

7 comments:

  1. Fun! I love both of them - but they look like they take a lot of time to piece? Great color choices as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will leave the PP to you. It always looks nice but i find it a big ol' PITA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are gorgeous! Looks like fun (and very finicky).

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh your Carolyn shirts are so cute! I need to get into some more intricate paper piecing- it really is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shirt blocks are so cute! Might have to put them on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh those shirts!!! I like that "ship my shirts" bit. Sounds like a homemade factory =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I'm with you. I just started quilting about a year ago and as soon as I tried paper piecing, I was in LOVE. It's so much fun! Like paint-by-number, but with FABRIC, which is always better. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails