Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2015

A new obsession - the glitter quilt

I blame Megan for this new obsession. She started posting Glitter quilt blocks on Instagram. I'd already been eyeing Jen Kingwell's book, Quilt Lovely, and my sweet husband bought it for me for our three-year anniversary (Last week!). As soon as it arrived, I jumped in, picking out fabric combinations for my first block.

I won't lie: the y-seam and I haven't spent much time together. My first block was a struggle, but a fun one! I enjoyed the challenge, and focues on the attempt to get it right.

My first block is the center one. I'm going to lost that top point, and the bottom left y doesn't quite match up. But I'm okay with it. It was fun, and the second block went a little quicker than the first.

I've already picked out fabric for another handful of blocks. I intend for this to be a long-term scrappy project, and I'm cutting little bits for more Japanese x & + blocks as I go.

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh...this is really pretty! And you're going to be a y-seam master when you're done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really striking blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are gorgeous, and so you!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails