Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2016

FO: Cabin for a Whale

Dude. This is cute.

FO: Cabin for a whale

Why are log cabin quilts so awesome? I think I love them because they are often scrappy, you can play with value for endless pattern possibilities, and the blocks are easy to chain piece without getting mixed up.
This quilt had an intended recipient, but I really found myself resisting when it was time to hand it over.

WIP: A cabin for a whale

orange and blue is always a good combination and those whales are awfully cute.

FO: Cabin for a whale

This one has a scrappy back and binding, for extra scrappy goodness.

FO: Cabin for a whale

Because, scraps.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great "guy" quilt. I love the random scrappy endless possibilities too. That back is AWESOME. I LOVE scrappy backs! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Scrappy backs are the best. I love using up smaller bits from the stash in that fashion. Thanks, Kathy!

      Delete
  2. This was such a great way to use a cute novelty print! I love how different the log cabin effect is with the two colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice finish! I do love log cabins too!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails