Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

FO: Prismatic Solymar Scarf

I haven't shared a knitting FO in over two months.
I have one finished, waiting to be blocked, but I can't post it yet anyway.
It's a seeee-cret.
However, I finished up this dazzling little number last weekend.

I love it. It's Malabrigo, so of course, squishy soft, vibrant and fanciful. Love.it. Olias loves it too. He told me, plus you can see it in his eyes:

See? Told you.

So, here's the skinny on this scarf:

Details: The Prismatic Scarf by Huan-Hua Chye
Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted, in Solymar, one skein (every inch!!)
Needles: Size 8
Time: One month
Recipient: perhaps a gift, not sure yet
Thoughts: Ask me how dumb I felt finishing off this baby while it's almost 100 degrees outside. Yeah, incredibly dumb. Even while sitting in the air conditioning, my fingers were a little toasty. I love the way this turned out. This is such a great pattern for variegated yarn. I love the i-cord edging, and both sides of the fabric are lovely. I didn't make any modifications, and it was so gratifying using up all of my yarn.

4 comments:

  1. I love that color! I've never seen it before-it's great!

    I always have a fear that the Malabrigo will felt right on my needles if I knit while I'm too hot. Sweaty hands + heat + friction can be a recipe for disaster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, what do you have in there, catnip? The look on Olias' face is hilarious! Great job, it looks very warm and squishy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be sure you know who doesn't get his little claws into that beautiful scarf!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! The i-cord edging really does add a nice snazz to it. And those funky horizontal stitches are such fun.

    Great scarf - it'll eventually be chilly again (after all, we've passed the start of summer, so the days are on their way to being shorter again...does that make it feel any cooler down there?). Your Malabrigo will be yumminess just waiting to be enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails