I finished the first one on July 18th, and now, only four months later, the second one is done!
You're not impressed by my speediness??
In all fairness, I didn't cast on for the second one right away, so I'm sure I can improve on my project duration on the next pair.
Yeah, I said it. I'm going to make another pair.
The heel really does feel like the beginning of the end, or the light at the end of the tunnel, or some other cliche. Speaking of heels, the above photo is my second one, and I think there is a vast improvement from the first one.
There's not much more to say about this pair, but here's the skinny:
Pattern: Really, I didn't use a pattern, but I've listed it under Wendy's Generic Toe-Up Sock on Ravelry.
I cast on 16 stitches using the Turkish cast-on, increased to 40 stitches, and then added a few increases at the widest part of the foot, and decreased by a few as the foot got more narrow.
Not very technical, am I?
Yarn: Rock Creek Super Soft Sock Yarn in Cherry Blossom, less than one skein. I don't know exactly how much I have left, but it's enough to make some booties or some other cuteness, and I'm thinking of pairing it with my Ishbel leftovers (lime-green; perfect!)
Needles:KP Harmony circular, US size 1 1/2
Time: Eh, about four months. Each sock took about a week or a week and a half to actually complete, so not as long as I thought.
Hopefully, the next pair will be faster, now that I've got the hang of it.
Recipient: me me me me!!
Thoughts/mods/notes: I really kind of winged it, but it was a good experience.
These aren't perfect, by any means. Just from the pictures, you can see that my knitting is irregular in places, and the bind off is sort of messy.
I don't care. I will wear them. With pride. And I will love them so.