It seemed like an easier pattern than 2403, especially for a beginner like myself. Saturday, I cut the required pattern pieces (I made mine the length of view A, but with pockets and sleeves from view F), as well as the fabric, and sewed the sleeve pieces. Sunday, I sewed the rest!
I used a little less than two yards of Alexander Henry's Umekko fabric. I bought this last spring from Cia's Palette. I just love the cherry blossoms. The tiny all-over print was perfect for my beginner skills, especially since I used black thread. It hides my mistakes well!
There are pleats at the shoulders and neck, a tiny detail, which would probably stand out better in a solid fabric, but I love them.
On this project, I used darts for the first time (mine aren't fantastic, but again, sort of hidden by the fabric choice), installed a 22" zipper on the back, made pockets (which are fairly invisible) and learned many valuable sewing lessons. I measured carefully before cutting, which I always seem to slack on.
My only modification was adding some dart-like decreases at the waist, since it was fairly baggy in that area. The pattern is written to have a fair amount of ease, though, so it was to be expected.
Truth be told, I haven't hemmed the dress yet, but I definitely see myself wearing this to work or on weekends.