Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Progress: Lila

Buttercup has been on my to-knit list for months. I waited a long time before casting on for it, and did more ravelry research than normal.
Mainly, there were a lot of comments on ease, and recommendations to knit a size smaller than normal. I swatched with two different needle sizes before casting on, and so far, the fit seems pretty close.

DSC_1171

It doesn't happen very often, but I'm actually using the recommended yarn, Elsebeth Lavold's Hempathy, purchased from Supercrafty back in 2008 (according to my search just now, Supercrafty closed in February), on a size 3 needle. I just didn't like how the fabric was on size 4 needles. I've made some modifications, and I'm trying to keep better notes, so that I can share them with you upon completion.
Generally, I'm eliminating the A-line increases and adding half sleeves.

Progress: Lila

It's nice to have a sweater/top on the needles (ignoring the Central Park Hoodie in my closet, of course!) again.

I've got some new sewing and knitting projects on the brain. I have made a small bit of progress on the quilt, and I'll share that once the top is finished.

9 comments:

  1. That looks like it is going to turn out pretty cute! I like the color :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty purple. that sweater is on my someday list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that colour is amazing!! Looks fantastic so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! How are you liking the yarn? I've never tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really lovely. It is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooohhh, I love Buttercup!! Yours is looking great so far (and super pretty purple!). Curious how you like knitting with the hempathy. I have 5 skeins to use on a sleeveless summer top but have wondered how knitting with it would be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like it's coming along really well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see how that comes out! It's been on my list for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one has been on my queue ever since it came out. But I'm planning on a wintery version and will use Drops Alpaca for it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails