Sunday, January 16, 2011

Quilt blocks

Earlier this week, I finished the first quilt blocks for the do.Good Stitches bee. Jenn of all trades is the quilter for January, and she requested crazy nine-patch blocks in muted greens/browns.

"Comfort" January blocks

I'll be sending them to Jenn this week.

I also started a fun new project of my own. Using Oh Frannson's Spiderweb tutorial and some scraps, I'm making these squares:

New project: Scrappy Spiderwebs

I have two squares finished, and I've cute the scraps for many more. I think I can make at least four, possibly six. I'm still not sure if I'll make a pillow or a wall hanging, but I love the way they're coming together. It's fun to try new techniques!

Up next, I've got first quilt progress to show you.


  1. spiderweb blocks are on my list of things to try. yours looks fab and great idea to do a small version first.

  2. I am loving your color combos. Your quilting prowess is very inspiring.

  3. Oooo, I love those spiderweb blocks!

  4. I love those! I hadn't seen the crazy 9-patches before, they're very cute!

  5. Loving your quilting posts lately! It's funny, seems like more and more of the "knitting blogs" I follow have needed to be re-categorized in my Google Reader into the "sewing blog" category.

  6. ooohhh, very pretty (I especially love the colors in those first two!).


I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails