Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

SGS Scarf Pattern

SGS Scarf

I have to say, I've always had aspirations to write my own patterns.

Then Rachel gave me the push I needed when she asked me to contribute to Celebrate Color. I was thrilled, and a little scared. I originally started this scarf pattern back in June, but when I made a trade on Ravelry for this gorgeous wool/alpaca blend in my favorite color of the season, well, I was inspired. I love, love, love this shade of yellow. And I didn't think I could wear the shade, but I think it works!

I'm proud to share with you this free scarf pattern.

I hope there are more patterns in my future.

SGS Scarf Pattern - Jaceycraft 2011

You can click on the link to download the free pattern, or you can also find it on ravelry later today.

Thanks to Rachel for the push that I needed!

I hope you will try out this pattern. If you do, I'd love to see!

I think the gathered stitches make such a great texture! The pattern is easy enough that you can probably knit one up quickly as a gift. And don't be intimidated if you're new to knitting; this pattern only uses: knits, purls, K2Tog (knit two together), and KFB (knit front and back). I recommend Knitting Help if you need help with these stitches.

He. kills. me.

And here's a shot of me (and the scarf) with the cutest kid ever.

Oliver (Elliott's nephew) is so sweet and special to me!

I used a DK weight yarn for this scarf, but a worsted weight will work just fine!

If you have any questions, please feel free to comment here or email me!

Thanks for checking out my first pattern. I hope you enjoy it!

Celebrate Color

27 comments:

  1. it's gorgeous, Jacey! congratulations. You know that I love the color too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scarf is fabulous! Thank you for offering your pattern for free. It's in my library, just waiting to be knit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoorayyyy congratulations on the design!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! That is beautiful. Love this and who knows, I may even dig out my needles and give it a try. You are so awesome. I love seeing all the beautiful things you create! Looking forward to more good things you have to share with your readers and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a gorgeous pattern, and I love the bright pop of yellow!! Looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an accomplishment. Writing a pattern seems so impossible to me. And the fact that yours is so cute is extra amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah! This is the first of many, Jacey. So glad you took the plunge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay, there it is!! you know, i am knitting already.. will show you when i am done - or at least a bit further down the road.
    it is a great pattern, i am a knitting pattern novice and i totally get it and it is so much fun to knit it.
    i´ll keep you posted!!
    thanks so much, Jacey, that is very generous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So seriously cute Jacey! Congrats on your first pattern1 :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on sharing your first pattern!! I have yet to try to create a pdf myself. After the holidays I plan to tackle that one!

    Beautiful scarf and lady!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i wish i could say i would be knitting it up this weekend... alas... i cannot knit. you will teach me though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! Beautiful!

    I think I might frog the scarf I started last night and make this instead. Yep, I will definitely do that!

    But, what does KFB mean?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE your scarf!!! It's gorgeous! I'm going to have to brush up on my knitting!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's awesome, Jacey!! Way to step out and make the pattern public! I just started knitting this week and finished my first cowl yesterday so your scarf is now on my needles - I'll let you know how it goes. So far, I haven't had any trouble following the instructions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the scarf wand the color is great for you and your coat!! and the photo with the cutie pie is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love, love, love your scarf! Congratulations on writing your first pattern and thank you for sharing it! I wear yellow too (although I am not sure that I should) and the color of your scarf is the color of my bedroom! I had the color custom made from a picture of autumn in Tuscany.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great pattern...I have some alpaca that might need to be made into this.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely! And that color is fabulous!

    Now you've inspired me to actually get my pattern finished. Maybe I can even finish it before a work project gets really crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great pattern! I can't wait to try it out and I think I have the perfect yarn! thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute! I just queued it on Ravelry! (and friended you:) looking forward to casting on.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love it so much! I think I am going to use the new Madeline tosh yarn I got in SLC!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations! This scarf is so pretty and I'm so excited for you that you made a pattern! That's amazing! And I love how it looks in the mustardy yellow you've chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful (you and the scarf)! And what a lovely color of yellow...perfect for fall!

    Congratulations on a fabulous first pattern...I hope to see more in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for the FREE pattern. I am storing up some knit and crochet patterns. I only quilt right now but have aspirations to one day do yarn work. I even bought a large load of yarn from the local craft store. Still fearful. Wish I knew a knitter I could sit next to and learn the basics.

    ReplyDelete
  26. And I'm just seeing this too - great pattern and I love that color too! I have been thinking I wanted to knit myself a yellow scarf or hat and this totally makes me more inspired!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails