As usual, overpacking occurred, at least in terms of projects. I brought a laundry basket, which was essentially full of fabric and notions.
My goal was to focus on May bee blocks and my improv quilt top.
I also brought, but barely touched, a pajama set for Oliver. Oh, well. They'll get made someday.
But the positives! Yes, let's talk about what got done.
First up, I happily crossed off my do.Good Stitches May blocks, for Deb. These are patchwork wheel blocks, using Don't call me Betsy's tutorial. I always enjoy digging through the scrap bin, and I made sure to pack lots of fun fabrics for these blocks.
Next month is my first month to plan a do.Good Stitches quilt. I hope I can come with something just as fun!
One block got finished for Bee a Modern Swapper. Nilya asked for 2.5" unfinished postage stamps. I also managed to cut out the squares for my second block. That should be finished in the next few days.
It felt good to finish so many pieced blocks, and as a treat, I started assembling my improv quilt top Saturday night.
And I finished! There was a little bit of small piecing left, and then I just worked on assembling.
It feels so good to make serious progress on a large project like this. I've been mainly making minis, doing wedding stuff, and making bee blocks, so this was quite an accomplishment.
Just look at my face!
P.S. Thanks to my friend Safieh for the two quilt pictures!