Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Another WIP

Good morning friends!

I hope you had a wonderfully productive weekend. I had a great weekend with family, so not much crafting got done. I worked on my Duckies sock in the car yesterday, and sewed last night (I made a gift for a friend!), which I'll share soon.

There were a couple of things I forgot to mention here.

Last month, some of my guild mates invited me to join them on a quick project.

Ironing table

We covered TV tables with batting and fabric to make portable ironing boards! I used a favorite Echino print and I love looking at it everyday! You can find these tables at Target, and you need less than a fat quarter of fabric, batting scraps, and a staple gun.

I also wanted to share a fun project I started on the retreat. Several months ago, I purchased some foundation muslin from Brenda. Using scraps, I sewed my first of many Prairie Braids.

Prarie Braid

Pink Castle doesn't have this any more, but you can find it here. It's called Foundation by the Yard, by Benartex. It's really fun and simple to use, and is used similarly to foundation paper piecing. You don't have to remove the muslin after piecing, though, so it's faster. I intend to make several braids and use them together in a quilt. I'll share more braids as they're completed.

I hope your Monday treats you well! ETA: Prairie braid panels still in Brenda's shop!

13 comments:

  1. Wow, that braid looks AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i still love that huge yellow dot! so perfect! love the braid, love the ironing table, love the piles of fabric all over your sewing space! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been so tempted to buy some of this muslin after seeing your prairie braid! Can't wait to see more braids come together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love looking at this braid . . . so scrappy and cheerful. i started my own braid quilt last night using the opal owl jelly roll i won at the retreat! it's coming together sooooo quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that ironing table. Might just have to make myself one, sure would be nice to fold up my ironing board on occasion...I don't think it's seen the closet in months.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stop the presses! That ironing table is FANTASTIC!!! Seriously, I've got to make one. Can you use just regular batting??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little board totally matches your mini! I need to make one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The portable ironing board is brilliant. I might try that myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopefully some braids are on their way to me. I'm a total copy cat (though not planning on making a quilt)! Score on the portable iron board. That's super handy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great braid! and i covet your ironing board now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it all!, cool ironing board!! I think that just might have to move to another location!, or someone is going to have to help me make one!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Веселая "коса"! Я ещё не шила такую. Очень красиво!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks really beautiful! I found you from flickr where I saw all the great polaroid blocks you have! Wishes from Crete! x Teje

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails