Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

patchy patchwork

I've been working on a variety of patchwork projects.

Shoo-Fly block

A little Shoo-fly, for my month of do/Good Stitches, in blues and grays.

my favorite kind of mess

Some super scrappy improv, for a "to be determined" project.

Scrappy blocks

I really love this kind of sewing. Using up little bits and making fun shapes. That's what it's all about.

Postage stamp pillow

I finished this pillow in time for my craft show, and it sold. Now, a friend has asked for another similar pillow! So, I'm cutting some 2.5" squares today.

I also decided to make some progress on my long-lingering Single Girl quilt top. I finished the third quarter blocks this weekend.

Prairie BraidAnd finally, I intend to finally sew a second Prairie Braid this week. I've got the scraps cut to size.

Variety is the spice of life, right?

Enabler alert: Pink Castle is having a one-day sale with the code "VETERAN20" for 20% off everything.

Have a wonderful Monday, full of patchwork!

11 comments:

  1. So many pretty things :) Love the shoo-fly blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right--using the little bits to make fun shapes is what it's all about! So much fun happening in your space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you are using different grays on the background of the shoo fly. That quilt is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Variety is a necessity! I love your scrappy pieces. And I love that pillow. That actually look doable as a beginner project for me. Is that overly ambitious to consider? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your enabler alert just made my day a little better :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Variety is the spice! Your "to be determined" blocks rock. Patch on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like lots of fun! I love the solid grey backgrounds with your blue shoo flies :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love everything you make! love that braid so much! can't wait to see what it becomes! and i am with you on the improv. they are so fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those shoo-fly blocks, I am excited to make mine!!
    I also have been wanting to make a prairie braid. I swear sometimes I look at your blog and see all of the things that have been in my head :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking good! We picked the same color scheme for our do good blocks this month. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails