Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

FO: Which Way

FO: Which Way

It's always exciting when you finish a big project, and finishing a long-term project is especially great. I started Which Way back in June.

Which Way progress

After piecing several prints in June, it sat for six months.
It happens.

The top is done!

I finished assembling the top just before Quiltcon, and basted last week at our HMQG sew-in.

Closeup

I quilted the chevron columns with three straight lines running through each one. I felt like it needed a little something more, so I added loopy free-motion quilting in the skinny sashing columns.
I used a print from Jeni's Color Me Retro (found here and here

Which Way-back

I especially love the back of this quilt. I used an assortment of stashed coordinating yardage.

FO: Which Way

I'm really happy to finish this one. It finishes at 70" x 74", and is from Cluck Cluck Sew's pow wow pattern. It's a gift for my sister, and I hope she loves it!

18 comments:

  1. Отлично! Большое одеяло - много деталей и стежки. Всё сочетается прекрасно.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's awesome! yay for finishing long-term projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love your two quilting designs together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jacey!!! It is soooo gorgeous! Great work, I love the fabrics you choose and especially love the quilting. Did you use your new sewing machine to quilt it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous finish! I love that pattern, and you picked great fabrics for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks wonderful! Long term project finishes have their own brand of excitement, don't they? Plus, it's always a good feeling to know you have a it more room for your stash to expand. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She'll love it! Congrats on the finish. Love that feeling when it's a long-awaited project =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous quilt. It's such an elegant design and your fabric choices are glorious. I'd bite your hand off if you gave it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks really great, awesome gift for your sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a rock star, my friend! Your sister is going to love it!! PS - want to plan a retreat for the Fall with me????

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bet your sister will love it! I think it's gorgeous, and I love the colors. Congrats on the big finish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks great!! I'm taking fabric to make one while at Stash Bash.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It. Is. Awesome. I totally want to finish mine!! You are such good inspiration :) I love how you have your "arrows" going different directions-- much more true to life than having them all face the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gift for your sister? Send it here! I love it! But wait: pattern here, material here... I better get started. Don't know when...
    Love that you mixed up the directions, that's what I also planned to do. Ohhhh, makes me want tp start NOW....

    ReplyDelete
  15. It turned out so cute and I love the different directions of arrows...your sis will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice -- I have no doubt your sister will love it! I bet it feels great to be getting some of these big projects done! Although...I haven't seen a WIP post so I don't know how many of them there actually are. Tsk Tsk. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous! That is one lucky sister you have! Hopefully I can join you soon in getting some big WIPs wrapped up but I seem to keep starting new ones (or frogging part-way through) and that's certainly not helping matters.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails