But you know how it goes. I finished the english paper piecing, and then set it aside until I figured out my background fabric.
Fast forward to February, and I picked the background/appliqued my piecing.
I'm embarrassed by how quickly I finished the piece; I should have done it ages ago.
It was supposed to be a birthday gift for my mom. She loved it, late or not, and I guess that's what matters.
pattern: Modified Star Blossom from Rachel's handstitched class.
Fabric: Circa 1934 on a Kona Nightfall background, bound in Kona Ochre
Size: I forgot to measure, but we'll go with approximately 15" x 21".
I straight-line quilted after applique (partially to secure any poorly attached seams, since I am still new to the applique game) at a slight angle. I wanted to keep it, but I know my mom will give it a nice place to live in her new home.