Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

FO: Star 1934

Last July, I started this project with great momentum.

WIP: 1934 Star Blossom

But you know how it goes. I finished the english paper piecing, and then set it aside until I figured out my background fabric.

Finally!

Fast forward to February, and I picked the background/appliqued my piecing.

I'm embarrassed by how quickly I finished the piece; I should have done it ages ago.

FO: Star 1934

It was supposed to be a birthday gift for my mom. She loved it, late or not, and I guess that's what matters.

FO: Star 1934

Details:

pattern: Modified Star Blossom from Rachel's handstitched class.
Fabric: Circa 1934 on a Kona Nightfall background, bound in Kona Ochre
Size: I forgot to measure, but we'll go with approximately 15" x 21".

I straight-line quilted after applique (partially to secure any poorly attached seams, since I am still new to the applique game) at a slight angle. I wanted to keep it, but I know my mom will give it a nice place to live in her new home.

10 comments:

  1. Great job! I am amazed by the intricate EPP b/c hexagons just about did me in. Congrats on a gorgeous finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! It's funny we keep some of those projects on the back burner and in the end, wonder what on earth we were thinking. Enjoy that feeling of a great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the angle, especially reinforced with the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely. Very motivating to try somthing like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! Really wonderful! I made the experience, too, that once you get over the laziness you finish a piece quite quickly... Really embarrassing. But not with a learning curve... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really pretty. I especially love the 'off-center' quilting lines in cheerful yellow! Congrats finishing up another one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a perfect house-warming gift (even if it didn't start out as one). Like Rachel, the angled quilting lines are one of my favorite parts, along with the pop of orange at the binding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How awesome is straight line quilting but at a slight angle?!! How come we're not all doing that? Jacey is smart.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails