Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Stash Bash recovery

Sorry I've been MIA for awhile. Last week, I drove with three of my HMQG buddies to the Stash Bash, hosted by Frecklemama.
It was a 13-hour drive, but pretty enjoyable, considering the distance.

Finally!

I didn't get much sewing done, but I finally managed to assemble my Wonky Bee polaroid blocks! I've had these blocks for about a year. I just love them, and my procrastination paid off! Since I waited so long, 23 came out, which is perfect. I used the gray camera print to help assemble the blocks. (You can find it here and here).

The beginning

I also started some fun new wonky star patchwork, just because.

I worked on a few other things, which I'll share soon!

Most importantly, there was the social aspect.
Meeting new people, seeing old friends, these are the most memorable parts of a retreat.

Happy times!

I got to spend time with my favoritest friend, Amanda. We had a blast together, and she was so sweet to share her screenprinting process with us. She also brought all of her screens and let us print anything we wanted.

What what what what.

I printed this fun shirt! I also printed a tote bag; I'll share that soon!

Beth!

I was also thrilled to meet Beth, of Stash Fabrics. She lives in the Atlanta area, and was so kind to be one of the Stash Bash sponsors. We had a great time together, and I loved being able to tell her, in person, how much I appreciate her sponsorship of my blog. I hope to hang out with her again soon!

While I didn't get much sleep, and am still slightly recovering, I always appreciate this kind of opportunity. I learn so much from my peers, and I can't express the kinship I feel after a weekend like this one.

13 comments:

  1. Oh I wish I was there with you all!! I hope next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The screenprinting was so cool! I'm pondering trying to screenprint gift bags for the wedding...but that might be insanity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photo of you and Amanda makes me ache! Can't wait until we can all reunite! Love the way your quilt top turned out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like there was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hooray! and now i want to know how to find out about events like these. i seem to miss out... :o(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!! Great pic of us! Great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i adore that shirt. looks like you all had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the pic of you and amanda! i had a great time, too and can't wait to try screenprinting at home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stash bash looks like it was a blast! I was recently at Sew south and agree wholeheartedly with you-there is something so restorative about being together and creating beautiful things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like tons of fun. I'll try to pretend I'm not jealou of social sewing! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your funky style of quilting... Gorgeous! And that quilt is fabulous! Will be followinging your inspirational blog from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the happy makings you're sharing so far! I wish I could have gone, but that ended up being the weekend we had the celebration for me Dad, so it never would have worked. I, too, feel like I'm still recovering!! lol I'm glad you had a good time! Hopefully I can attend the next one!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails