Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Again with the indigo

I just got back from Wisconsin, where I was able to join some good friends for a sewing weekend in the country. This is my third year to participate, and it's always a very happy time. I don't think I shared it last year, but here's my post from our first year, if you'd like to know more.

One of my favorite parts of this retreat is the dyeing. Each year, we've done fabric and yarn dyeing. We were hoping to try dyeing with logwood this year, but I didn't research enough to prepare ahead of time, so we omitted it. But, indigo! It's always fun, and one of the simplest natural dyeing processes.

Indigo with rubber bands

I used rubber bands to resist this piece of fabric.

Indigo dyeing results

Additionally, I overdyed a large cut of the Cotton and Steel x print for a garment, and redyed some pieces from last year (which really, just took the dye in an even way, covering up my previous resists. Oh well. Lesson learned on that!

Unfortunately, I didn't get a photo of our entire group of fabrics, but we used two entire indigo baths! And here is the group photo from our first year.

Jeni had to mail a box home to me, so I'll share my other dyed fabric and yarn very soon!

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails