Most projects I start don't get finished right away. It's rare that I have the attention span to work on something from start to finish. Having said that, remember this post? I started a lovely curvy quilt from Angela's A Quilter's Mixology back in September.
Fairly quickly, I pieced four blocks, but I knew I wanted to make it bigger. And so into the WIP pile it went. And sat. Then, this spring, my friends Julie and Jessica asked if I would make a baby quilt, and this one felt perfect for the occasion.
I pieced two additional blocks, which makes the quilt 42" x 63" (I like to make baby quilts a little bigger, so it can be enjoyed for years to come).
As usual, I made a scrappy back. As I sat down to bind the quilt, a little trouble cat (Olias, naturally), accidentally snagged a piece of the back. I debated how to fix it, and after consulting with Julie, an embroidery patch solution was born.
I love this little detail, so I guess I can forgive Olias for his recklessness.
It was bittersweet to let this one go, but I hope the recipient will enjoy it!