Pages

Monday, April 4, 2016

February and March recap - new recipes

Gift Tags

As part of our challenge to try three new recipes a month, I'm here today to share the choices we made for February and March. February played out just like January, where we tried six new recipes. March has more family birthdays so we just barely managed three.

February

-Legacy Lone Star Chili (this was from a local grocery store ad, and was different from my usual chili recipe)

-quinoa stuffed peppers from Skinnytaste cookbook
These were very filling, tasty and healthy. We will make them again.

-Italian pasta bake (this was a new experiment with some leftovers, and I wish I had written it down because it was tasty)

-banana pudding from Homesick Texan Family Table
All I can say is YUM. Homemade pudding is similar to making ice cream custard, so it was easier than anticipated.

-Argentinian flatbread with black bean spread and roasted red peppers
This was amazing! I loved the combination of flavors, and we ate it as a main dish. The dough was similar to my standard pizza dough recipe.

-Chicken Fajitas from Homesick Texan Family Table
A different marinade than we usually use, and it will show up again on our table.

March

-Pot roast in foil from The Make Ahead Cookbook
This was a different method than I usually use for pot roast, and it was pretty tasty. We really wanted to try it so we had leftover pot roast to use in the next recipe.

-Rigatoni with beef ragu from The make Ahead Cookbook ,br>This was a great use of the leftover pot roast. It's a pretty rich ragu, and very filling.

-Quinoa Tabbouleh from Skinnytaste

I'm excited that so far this year, we've tried fifteen new recipes, many of which are from cookbooks I've had for years. It's been a fun exercise!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting! It is fun to search out new recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love trying out new recipes! I hardly look in cookbooks anymore though, everything I cook is something I found on Pinterest now. I should start going through my cookbooks and challenge myself that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love trying out new recipes! I hardly look in cookbooks anymore though, everything I cook is something I found on Pinterest now. I should start going through my cookbooks and challenge myself that way :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails