Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

FO: A Tribute to Alice

FO: A tribute to Alice

Leah is my family, thanks to Elliott. Her mother recently passed away, and I used some of her mother's treasured fabric stash to make this pillow, a gift for Leah.

FO: A tribute to Alice

It was heartwarming to make, and Leah could recall many of the garments her mother made with the fabrics I used. That's the amazing thing about sewing, isn't it? It's time travel. You can look at one piece of fabric and recall the past. You might notice that I included two scraps from my stash, which I think work well with the fabrics from Alice.

FO: A tribute to Alice

I wish I could have met Alice. She loved to sew and I'm sure we would have had lots to talk about. I have plans to make some more gifts for Leah and her daughters, so they can have little reminders of Alice, always.

5 comments:

  1. So sweet, it's a wonderful tribute and I'm sure Leah will treasure it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so kind of you, Jacey. I'm sure they are more appreciative than they can say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an amazing gift, I'm sure it will be treasured!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely pillow, made with such pretty fabrics. What a special way to remember her.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails