Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

FO: Plaid Big Log Cabin

You might remember this big log cabin that I finished last year (or maybe you don't. that's okay!). Well, soon after finishing, I wanted to make another version.

FO: Plaid &Solids Big Log Cabin

I had most of a Kona jelly roll and I just loved how the bright colors paired with this Denyse Schmidt plaid. Of course, said plaid was one of her exclusives at Joann, and was virtually impossible to find.

Luckily, Jenny came to the rescue and sent me some of her precious stash. It was so wonderful of her, especially since I only know her virtually (hi, Jenny!).

FO: Plaid &Solids Big Log Cabin

I used three favorite prints on the back (I especially love that Nordika print from Jeni!).

FO: Plaid &Solids Big Log Cabin

I quilted it very densely in a crosshatch and the texture is really amazing. Several times, I questioned my sanity as I was quilting. But I'm so glad I kept going. I bound the quilt in this, and I love that it softly frames the quilt without competing. Finishes at 54" square.

1 comment:

  1. Very fun! I'm not sure I would have thought of the plaid, but I like!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails