Pages

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

FO: Big Log Cabin

Log cabin blocks are a forever favorite.

FO: Big Log Cabin

Really, I find them so comforting. And when I was asked to make a baby quilt in navy, grays and white, I decided it was a perfect opportunity to make one giant log cabin.

I used 2.5" strips (I had a roll of precut white strips, which jumpstarted the cutting process) in Kona Nightfall and miscellaneous neutral shades (all Kona).

FO: Big Log Cabin

The scrappy back is a mix of navy prints from the stash. The quilt is 43" x 44".

I have already started a new big log cabin this time with a Denyse Schmidt plaid and bright Kona solids.

A post shared by Jacey (@jaceynotjc) on

Again, I am using 2.5" strips, and seriously, it is a super speedy quilt. And as always, the log cabin block feels limitless!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Love what you've done AND where you're going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You already know how much I love that baby quilt!! And the new one is looking so good already!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails