Sunday, February 17, 2008

FO: Shrug, New WIP

I finished. Finally.

Two Toned Ribbed Shrug, by Stefanie Japel
Paton's Classic Wool Merino in leaf green-1.5 skeins, Berocco Touche in dark blue-2.2 hanks
Size 8 Knit Picks Options circular, Size 4 KP Options circular
2 months
Made for me

As I've described in detail in previous blog entries, this was difficult for me, but mostly due to overconfidence with correcting a mistake. I learned a lot with this shrug, and it's my first large FO. I'm really proud of it, and I think the color combination is pretty rockin'. I cut the pattern a bit short, mainly because I liked the length of the ribbing, and didn't know how crazy I would be about the way it folded over around the neck. I haven't blocked it, but I might, as the ribbing looks a bit uneven in these pictures. We'll see.

Also, in search of an instant gratification fix, I cast on this afternoon for Stella's Hat in my Malabrigo Worsted. I wasn't sure about the colorway (it was a gift), but I'm loving it. It's so me.


  1. Awesome! Your shrug kicks ass! Are you enjoying knitting with the Malabrigo? It's so soft!

  2. Nicely done on the shrug! You should be proud! :)


I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails