Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Upcoming projects

I know I'm not alone in this, but planning for projects is just as fun, if not more fun, than the actual crafting process. I love browsing through patterns (sewing and knitting), finding inspiration through blogs and crafty sites, and selecting the ideal materials to make my project.

Knitting

-Audrey In Unst, in either Silky Wool

100_0924

or Shine Sport

KP Shine Sport Harbor

-Tempest, from Knitty
For this light cardigan, I'm thinking of using my gray Palette

Knit Picks Palette

with stripes in either pink Yarntini sock

Stash: Yarntini Sock Yarn

, the Brooklyn Handspun I won from Girlwhoknits

I won!

or Wasabi Shibui Sock

Shibui Sock in Wasabi

Sewing

-I cut the pieces for Amy Butler's Barcelona skirt (the A-line version) in this Heather Ross fabic from the stash (man, I love her Underwater Sister's line):

Orange Octopi

-I also promised my sister some curtains and a couple of aprons (she just bought her first house!)

With these new projects in mind, I'd also really like to finish the following before the end of the year:

-finish Lila (I'm nearing the halfway point on this one!)

-finish my CPH (on the needles since July 25, 2008-that date is engrained on my brain until I can finish!)

CPH-Back

-finish my quilt

First quilt blocks

Yeah, I think that will keep me busy until the end of the year. Damn, I had some Christmas presents planned, so I may have to re-prioritize. I guess having too much to craft is a good problem to have.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My vote's on the Shibui! And that definitely seems like enough projects to last through December!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a planner! Some seriously cool projects planned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like how the colors in all your photos coordinate!

    the quilt looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you've got quite a queue lined up there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you're good through the end of the year. ;) Finish the CPH, it's such a great sweater! And the quilt, so I can get inspired. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I would totally agree with you that sometimes planning can be more fun than doing! Which is why sometimes I have to remind myself that I do love to actually craft...rather than just be inspired by others!

    Amazing list of projects...totally inspired just looking at all these! ;) I'd vote for the shibui and grey combination as well...and oh my do I love that octopus fabric. Looking forward to seeing how you progress on all these projects!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails