Thursday, September 9, 2010

Upcoming projects

I know I'm not alone in this, but planning for projects is just as fun, if not more fun, than the actual crafting process. I love browsing through patterns (sewing and knitting), finding inspiration through blogs and crafty sites, and selecting the ideal materials to make my project.


-Audrey In Unst, in either Silky Wool


or Shine Sport

KP Shine Sport Harbor

-Tempest, from Knitty
For this light cardigan, I'm thinking of using my gray Palette

Knit Picks Palette

with stripes in either pink Yarntini sock

Stash: Yarntini Sock Yarn

, the Brooklyn Handspun I won from Girlwhoknits

I won!

or Wasabi Shibui Sock

Shibui Sock in Wasabi


-I cut the pieces for Amy Butler's Barcelona skirt (the A-line version) in this Heather Ross fabic from the stash (man, I love her Underwater Sister's line):

Orange Octopi

-I also promised my sister some curtains and a couple of aprons (she just bought her first house!)

With these new projects in mind, I'd also really like to finish the following before the end of the year:

-finish Lila (I'm nearing the halfway point on this one!)

-finish my CPH (on the needles since July 25, 2008-that date is engrained on my brain until I can finish!)


-finish my quilt

First quilt blocks

Yeah, I think that will keep me busy until the end of the year. Damn, I had some Christmas presents planned, so I may have to re-prioritize. I guess having too much to craft is a good problem to have.


  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

  2. My vote's on the Shibui! And that definitely seems like enough projects to last through December!

  3. You are a planner! Some seriously cool projects planned.

  4. i like how the colors in all your photos coordinate!

    the quilt looks awesome.

  5. Wow, you've got quite a queue lined up there!

  6. I think you're good through the end of the year. ;) Finish the CPH, it's such a great sweater! And the quilt, so I can get inspired. ;)

  7. Oh I would totally agree with you that sometimes planning can be more fun than doing! Which is why sometimes I have to remind myself that I do love to actually craft...rather than just be inspired by others!

    Amazing list of projects...totally inspired just looking at all these! ;) I'd vote for the shibui and grey combination as well...and oh my do I love that octopus fabric. Looking forward to seeing how you progress on all these projects!


I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails