Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Casting On: Red Hedera

I couldn't resist.

MadelineTosh Sock

This skein of Madeline Tosh sock yarn has been sitting in the stash since last fall.
Granted, I have several projects on the needles, countless skeins of yarn, sitting patiently in the stash, but this gorgeous red hue was calling to me. I blame Lolly and of course, Project Spectrum. It got me thinking about red. Lolly said it best when she talked here about being mindful. Take a moment. Breathe. Enjoy the color in your life.

So, I did. I took a moment, and this weekend, I cast on for a long-admired Knitty A pattern, Hedera.

Progress: Red Hedera

I love the simple four row repeat, and I LOVE the rich, saturated red.

I worked on this briefly on Saturday, while I was in Austin. Up next, I'll have some pictures to share from Sarah's graduation party. She made incredible food and Vodka-Thyme Lemonade. Whoa. That's the only word for the lemonade. And also, delicious.

10 comments:

  1. Wait, hold on a second... you knit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome red. I saw if on your projects page today. I can't wait to see how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVELY. Red is such a color, such a REAL color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh love the red and that pattern is a great match.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a glorious red.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Hedera's on my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Man, I had so much fun this last weekend. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Hedera pattern and hope to knit it 'someday' (boy that someday list gets longer and longer every minute of my life!). And wow...it's going to be fabulous in red! Vodka-Thyme Lemonade? Yes please. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, those are cool socks. can't wait to see the FO!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails