I used them to make this pillow. It's not exactly what I wanted, but I really like it. I hope I did the little owl justice. I used a scrap piece from Joel Dewberry's Modern Meadow (I have lots of this line stashed; I eventually plan to make a quilt using all the prints I have), and the circles are from Kumari Garden. I like the hand-stitching I added.
I used a fat quarter of this Amy Butler Soul Blossoms print for the backing. The pillow is 14" square (I used a pillow form from Ikea; it's been in my closet for at least a year).
I took this picture of my bed, which holds most of my homemade pillows (I didn't make the solid aqua one; that's a Target purchase). I'm using my Grellow+Pink quilt as a bedspread at the moment, and loving it.
I also made this Kindle cover for my sister over the weekend. After shopping together on Saturday morning, she picked out this stashed Ruby Star Rising, and we picked coordinating solids.
The inside uses a second piece of Ruby Star Rising fabric, some Kona Eggplant and some Laura Gunn Painter's Canvas. I used this pattern from Birdiful Stitches on etsy. I liked the pattern, and it's cool that you can sell items made from the pattern. I don't think mine looks very polished, but I'm guessing that on the second (or third) try, it will look better. Specifically, my flaps aren't quite straight, and I had to top stitch at the top of the pocket, which shows on the front.
I've got one more piece of sewing to show you today.
I worked on my Single Girl quilt recently, and I now have completed the top halves of my rings. It feels good to make some real progress on such a big project. By the end of May, I would love to have the quilt top assembled, but I may be dreaming there. We'll see!