I've been trying to decide what seven facts about myself to share, and here's what I've come up with:
1) I have one sibling, Jill. She is incredible.
She is in the process of celebrating my upcoming birthday (that would be thirty, by the way) in a huge way. She sneakily contacted family and friends, and asked them all to celebrate my birthday with a thirty-day countdown to turning thirty.
Each day, I have a small gift and/or card to open.
It's overwhelmingly kind, and I feel so lucky to have her in my life. And I'm thrilled that she will be my Maid of Honor next year.
2) As a kid, I was a seriously picky eater. All I would eat is meat and potatoes, and carrots. I never thought that I would grow up to be such an adventurous eater, but here I am!
3) I've had two broken bones and both were a result of falling.
In second grade, I fell off a horse and broke my arm. In fourth grade, I fell out of a tree and broke my wrist.
4) I first learned to sew when I was younger than ten. My grandmother taught me to make scrunchies. I had such style, and scrunchies to match all of my outfits. Yep, I'm a nerd.
5) In periods of super craftiness, my sewing area often looks like this. Since this photo was taken, I have cleaned up a bit, but yeah. Messy.
6) I'm left handed, but with some sports and activities, I do better with my right hand.
7) I've never lived in another state but Texas. I've traveled a fair amount (with hopes for more in the future!), but it seems I'm pretty rooted here.
So, maybe you learned something new about me today!
Now, it's my turn to pass this award to a few of my favorite bloggers. I've made so many friendships through my blog, so this was a difficult choice. Today, I would like to share this award with:
Sara of The Knottygnome Knits - Sara spins, sews, knits, crochets, designs and embroiders. And she does all of these things very well.
Amanda of My Sewcial Hour - I met Amanda at the Sewing Summit, so I'm new to her blog. She's got a great sense of style, and I'm especially loving her Farmer's Wife quilt block progress (I think I'm going to have to start my own version next year, by the way...)
Nicke of Kiss Kiss Quilt - Nicke is a kindred spirit. She is hilarious and kind.
Tamiko of Patchwork Notes - Tamiko is so cool. Her Special Friend pillow is high on my to-make list for the new year.
So, that's it! Whew. Long post. Thanks for hanging in there!