Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

FO: Stripe Study

It only took four months. In all fairness, it sat in the closet for at least two of those months. Back in December, I shared about my participation in a little impromptu knit-along with some fun peeps. I may be the last to cross the finish line, but I finished!

FO: Stripe Study

Using nearly eight hundred yards of sock yarn, this shawl is hearty.

FO: Stripe Study
You can see an Olias silhouette in the window.

I love the asymmetrical shape, and I LOVED knitting it. LOVED.
The stripes and short rows made the majority of this shawl go very quickly.
As you can see, I got ten stripes. I didn't think I had enough of the Hazel Knits Artisan Sock (in Beach Glass) for an eleventh stripe, so I have a small amount of that left over.

FO: Stripe study

The brown yarn (I love the semi-solid shade!) is Sundara Sock yarn in Ancient Place. It was part of a holiday gift bag I purchased at Christmas 2010. I bound off with a size US 8 needle, to make sure the bind-off was nice and loose.

FO: Stripe study

Raveled here

P.S. Did you see Rachel's version?

15 comments:

  1. oh, i love that chocqua color combo! so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ghost kitty strikes again!!! i love this jacey! it is soo pretty! i looked at the other on ravelry for a while too. there are some really cool ones there too! it appears that you will be teaching me to knit in june! and holy crap! 800 yards! whew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jacey!

    Love the off centered stripes.

    Also, I nominated you for a Liebster blog award. Check my blog for details: http://bryanhousequilts.blogspot.com/2012/04/they-like-me-they-really-like-me.html

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. I've knit one for my sister and I think I need one myself as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!! Colors are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great! The shawl seems like it's the perfect size.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oo, what a fun pattern, I love how it is assymetrical!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That turned out so well. I need to see about getting different yarn to knit mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous colors and great pattern! LOVE the asymmetry! It looks cozy and just so cute wrapped around you. Enjoy it, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blue and brown combo!! Congratulations for finishing it...I'm surprised you did before your wedding...there you go again with that insane productivity! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I knit my Stripe Study last summer and was also only able to get 10 stripes with my yardage, but the size worked out well for me since I'm only 5'2". http://www.ravelry.com/projects/sjn821/stripe-study-shawl

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails