Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

On finishing

I probably shouldn't be thinking about this with just a few days before the wedding, but I am. I was reading Nicke's post this morning about her 2nd quarter goals for finishing projects, and decided to make my own list.
When the dust settles, there are a few projects I really want to complete. I tried to keep my list reasonable, and am resisting the urge to add additional items.

So, I, Jacey, vow to finish the following before the end of June:

1)

Swoon blocks done

Swoon.
Oh, yes. I want to finish this one. Blocks are done. I started sewing the top together, but it is incomplete, and a back has not been made.

2)

WIPs: Ballband Washcloth

My ballband washcloth.
I'm about 60% done, so this one is a gimme. But hey, we all need an occasional easy win, right?

3)

WIP: Echo Stamp Mini

The Echo postage stamp mini.
The top and back are done, but this has not been basted yet.

4)

More. More. MORE!

The improv patchwork quilt.
The top is about halfway assembled, but I probably need a few more blocks to get it to the size I'd like. The back is not pieced.

5) Wonky Bee, BAGS and do.Good Stitches bee blocks (which by the end of June is a total of 10 blocks).

6) I'd really like to make two garments for myself. A pair of Iris shorts and a Wiksten tank.

7) Three clutches for my neighbor, who is getting married in June. I'll be using Noodlehead's Envelope Clutch Pattern.

8) Finally, I intend to participate in Kelly's My Precious QAL. I haven't decided what fabrics I'll use, but I definitely want to use some of my hoarded lovelies.

So, that's my list! I'm linking up with Rhonda's Finish Along!
There's a few days left. Join in!

2012 Finish-A-Long

11 comments:

  1. ahh yes. ambition. can't wait to see all of your pretty finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need to make a list too. i don't know that i would be brave enough to post it though! you can do it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, that improv patchwork is so fun to see. So free! Keep it up for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a good list Jacey. I bought fabric for two wiksten tanks at the quilt festival in Cincy this weekend, but I have no idea when I'll get to that. Can't wait to see those Iris shorts made up too. AND your SWOON!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How on earth you have room for anything other than the wedding in your brain right now amazes me! But crafty projects are fun to think about, so I get it:). Still loving your swoon-I think it may be my favorite of all I've seen...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your swoon blocks are just die to for! What a lovely bunch of projects to work on!

    I'll be thinking of you..! Have a wonderful time at your wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great idea! I actually did the Three Things this month and have set smaller goals for each week so that I am actually accomplishing things with my older projects...otherwise I get so distracted by newer and fun things. Your Swoon is going to be so fabulous - can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i really really really can't wait to see your swoon all finished! it is sooo gorgeous! love it! i think your list is very manageable. i want to make a tova for myself. i think that is one thing i want to make in june for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Each of your wips are so beautiful! I can't wait to see you finish them either! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your swoon knocks my socks off! I want one in those colours now.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails