Pages

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

My newest addiction

I've always been inspired by C's amazing blankets. Just LOOK. Completely amazing and saturated in color, but a blanket always seemed like a behemoth of a project. I don't know what made me change my mind, although Jesse's newest project certainly played a role, but I now have a blanket on the needles.

It's directly inspired by Jesse's version in the post I linked to, and I'm using the Hue Shift pattern. I'm using up sock yarn scraps, and have also purchased some fun mini skeins from various yarny sources. I swapped some mini skeins with Jesse, and plan to do so with Amanda as well!

I'm starting my eighth square (with a total goal of 144), and I've enjoyed every stitch!

My only complaint is that I have to take breaks from knitting (I fell on some ice in New Mexico last winter, and my right wrist has been intermittently tender). But I guess that's okay, since I have plenty of other projects to work on. I know this will be a long-term WIP, but it is fun and eventually, I'll have a blanket!

8 comments:

  1. i envy blanket knitters b/c i will probably never knit another blanket ever again. they take so long and i get bored so easily. i can crochet faster than i can knit so i have a much better chance of actually finishing a crochet afghan. ok, i just remembered i have a partially finished crochet blanket that has been sitting idle for years. so scratch that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yaaaaaaaaaay, blankets! i love making them but have to be in the right mood. there's a big stack of them in my house, though so i might not make another one for a while. nice to get to knit vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a lot of fun! Would you like more sock yarn scraps? I have a ton that I would be happy to send your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous and absolutely going to love watching this come together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go you!! I, too, have that as an ambition and hopefully will start one this winter when I am home. I have no expectations of knitting one quickly...but a square to two a month will eventually make a blanket and that suits me fine. So please continue to share your progress...it will help motivate me to start that very first stitch when I return in the fall! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yayay!!!! can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post. I used to be checking continuously this blog and
    I'm impressed! Very useful info particularly the last phase
    :) I deal with such info much. I used to be seeking this particular info for a long time.
    Thanks and good luck.

    my site :: polytunnels ()

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails