Pages

Monday, December 1, 2014

FO: A tale of two fences

I find it strange that the second baby quilt I make for my first best friend (FBF) Jessica is this Chain + Link finish. You see, when Jessica had her first baby back in 2012, I made her a rail fence quilt.

It wasn't intentional, but it's fitting. As I was trying to decide what to make for Jessica this time, I remembered the test blocks I made for Elizabeth for the Chain + Link pattern, and knew they would be fun for this.

I used one of the Andover textured solids for the remainder of the quilt top. I love the looser weave and the color, especially.

It's backed with the new Figures big number print (love love!).

Jessica and I don't live in the same state anymore, but I hope her boys get lots of use out of these quilts.

2 comments:

  1. Sibling like thing similar but not the same so how fun to have a quilt pattern theme. Turned out great and that backing is definitely "ditto that"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt - and I know that Jessica and the new baby will love it! I do love the back of that quilt!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails