Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

Double FO Post!

On the agenda today, sharing my latest completed projects: the Mariposa Mitts and my Sundara Milkweed Shawl. As I said last week, the first mitt was finished months ago. I immediately cast on for the second, and then, well, I moved on to other knits. It sat unfinished until I picked it up last week and finished in two hours. So silly.

FO: Mariposa Mitts

This is the second pair I've made, the first being a gift for my mom in her favorite color.I may keep these for myself. The Mariposa colorway is one of my favorites in the Malabrigo line. The pattern, here on Ravelry, is straight-forward and really lets the variegated Malabrigo shine.

FO: Mariposa Mitts

As for the Milkweed Shawl, it took three weeks to knit.

FO: Milkweed Shawl

I used Sundara Sock Yarn, a splurge, in the Delphiniums colorway.

FO: Milkweed Shawl

I was a little disappointed that I couldn't finish the pattern. I'm not sure of the reason, but the pattern called for 350 yards, which is exactly what I had.

FO: Milkweed Shawl

I debated using a second color for the edging, but in the end, I just cast off early, omitting the last six rows.

FO: Milkweed Shawl

The pattern, Milkweed Shawl, by Cosmicpluto, is extremely easy to knit.

FO: Milkweed Shawl

Many have already said this, but I love the inclusion of a written number to indicate how many knit stitches are in an uninterrupted run.

FO: Milkweed Shawl

It makes it so much easier to follow.

This is my third completed shawl of the year. I cast on yesterday for a fourth (the previously discussed Waves of Leaves in my kool-aid yarn).

FO: Milkweed Shawl

Lace was something that always intimidated me, so it's gratifying to feel more confident with it.

Raveled here

5 comments:

  1. The mitts are great, and the shawl is lovely! Both are gorgeous colorways, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I don't know where to start! They're both beautiful. I've just queued up the mitts and am hoping to spin something that will work for it. And the shawl... Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mitts...what a cute pair! And the shawl is fab. That last pic of you is so sassy chic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mitts and the shawl. And I agree with Kara, love the last pic of you (specifically your glasses.)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails