Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Jam and yarn

If you're not already familiar with Elizabeth's blog, you might not know that she is a talented knitter, quilter, and jam-making woman. I've been reading her blog for quite some time, and she's always so personable in her responses. Over the months, I've grown quite fond of her, and when she recently posted about her Strawberry Balsamic Jam, I emailed her asking if she'd be interested in a trade. When I opened my package of goodies, I couldn't believe it.

Swap from Elizabeth

Elizabeth sent me SIX jars of jam.
Six. Different flavors.
Peach with pineapple sage.
Triple Berry.
Strawberry Lemon Basil.

I die.

Jam and handspun

And then, to top it off, she sends me an amazing skein of her own handspun. The colors are gorgeous, the yarn is so soft. It took all of my willpower not to immediately cast on with this yarn.

I cannot say thank you enough, Elizabeth. You're an awesome friend. Sometimes the blog world makes me a very happy girl!

If you'd like to see what I sent Elizabeth, here's her post.

6 comments:

  1. Jam AND yarn?! That's an awesome swap!! You lucky duck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I don't think I've ever been called personable! Single-minded, yes, obsessive, yes, batshit crazy, yeah a time or two! hee!

    So glad you like it, this was an awesome swap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I can't wait to see what you do with the yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful swap :) The jam sounds super tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great swap...I made the strawberry balsamic black pepper jam last year and it's to die for. I hoard those jars...they are only allowed to be used on fresh baked bread!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails