Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Knot a Problem

You may have noticed, but I didn't get very far in that photo-a-day challenge last month. In fact, I got exactly eleven days in, and some of those were taken late! Total fail.
It was fun, though, and something super awesome resulted from the challenge.

Feb 8: Challenging

My February 8th photo was of an abandoned knitting project.

Olias

My sweet kitty Olias had a not-so-sweet freakout back in April of 2010, and destroyed this WIP. I was furious. I had to cut the yarn in several places, because he had strewn it all over the house. I vented here, if you'd like to read more.

The story has a happy ending, though, and it's all thanks to the photo challenge!

Celtic Cast On commented on the photo and let me know about a ravelry group called Knot a Problem.
Basically, members of this group love to untangle yarn/projects. Seriously!

I contacted a member of the group who lives in Austin, Ana (aka Badgersmama), and she agreed to sort out the mess Olias made.
I mailed her the project and a return stamped envelope, and she returned the yarn (in several balls, since I had to cut it in more places than I remembered!), ready to be knit again!

It was so nice of Ana to do this for me, and I'm so appreciative!

13 comments:

  1. wow, what a great group!

    cats can really be great destroyers of yarn. and after all we've done for them. so ungrateful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, it's a good thing kitties are cute. glad to see there are such lovely un-knotters out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I can't even believe it! That is so awesome. Yay for blogland and nice people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wonder if they just unknot yarn... maybe to change it up they take on other things like christmas lights and necklaces... ;) so happy you found them!!! that yarn is waaaay to pretty to stay in a knot. good thing he is cute and at time cuddly! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm never any good at anything that has to be done daily, either! I've heard of that group before, and I think they do awesome work. anyone with pets know how bad the yarn tangles can get!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome! and i love that picture of olias - he's just so freaking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! How very cool. I have a big knotted mess I should send them....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I need to look into that group. I love untangling yarn. I vaguely remember it being a bit of an obsession when I was younger, kind of like a brain teaser. I'm odd, I know! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had no idea there were people out there who love to untangle yarn! SCORE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That exact thing has happened to me, but without the happy ending! I'm glad you found a fix!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is pretty fantastic! I didn't know such a group (or group of people) existed. They must have far more patience than I do!

    I don't like the forced aspect of a photo a day. I tried it once and while the idea itself always appeals to me, once I start the execution I start hating the process. I never want to not enjoy taking photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another awesome feature of Ravelry! I'm glad she could help b/c the color of that yarn is too beautiful for the trash. (sjn821)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails