Thursday, March 15, 2012

Knot a Problem

You may have noticed, but I didn't get very far in that photo-a-day challenge last month. In fact, I got exactly eleven days in, and some of those were taken late! Total fail.
It was fun, though, and something super awesome resulted from the challenge.

Feb 8: Challenging

My February 8th photo was of an abandoned knitting project.

Olias

My sweet kitty Olias had a not-so-sweet freakout back in April of 2010, and destroyed this WIP. I was furious. I had to cut the yarn in several places, because he had strewn it all over the house. I vented here, if you'd like to read more.

The story has a happy ending, though, and it's all thanks to the photo challenge!

Celtic Cast On commented on the photo and let me know about a ravelry group called Knot a Problem.
Basically, members of this group love to untangle yarn/projects. Seriously!

I contacted a member of the group who lives in Austin, Ana (aka Badgersmama), and she agreed to sort out the mess Olias made.
I mailed her the project and a return stamped envelope, and she returned the yarn (in several balls, since I had to cut it in more places than I remembered!), ready to be knit again!

It was so nice of Ana to do this for me, and I'm so appreciative!

13 comments:

  1. wow, what a great group!

    cats can really be great destroyers of yarn. and after all we've done for them. so ungrateful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, it's a good thing kitties are cute. glad to see there are such lovely un-knotters out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I can't even believe it! That is so awesome. Yay for blogland and nice people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wonder if they just unknot yarn... maybe to change it up they take on other things like christmas lights and necklaces... ;) so happy you found them!!! that yarn is waaaay to pretty to stay in a knot. good thing he is cute and at time cuddly! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm never any good at anything that has to be done daily, either! I've heard of that group before, and I think they do awesome work. anyone with pets know how bad the yarn tangles can get!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome! and i love that picture of olias - he's just so freaking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! How very cool. I have a big knotted mess I should send them....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I need to look into that group. I love untangling yarn. I vaguely remember it being a bit of an obsession when I was younger, kind of like a brain teaser. I'm odd, I know! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had no idea there were people out there who love to untangle yarn! SCORE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was a really neat service ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That exact thing has happened to me, but without the happy ending! I'm glad you found a fix!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is pretty fantastic! I didn't know such a group (or group of people) existed. They must have far more patience than I do!

    I don't like the forced aspect of a photo a day. I tried it once and while the idea itself always appeals to me, once I start the execution I start hating the process. I never want to not enjoy taking photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another awesome feature of Ravelry! I'm glad she could help b/c the color of that yarn is too beautiful for the trash. (sjn821)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails