Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Weekend Progress

After a seriously busy weekend, I am feeling pretty accomplished. Although, at the same time, I feel totally behind. There's a lot of changes going on, and I can barely catch my breath.
But let's not focus on that. As an eternal optimist, I'll just show you the happy progress I've made.

It's happeningFirst off, wedding invitations are in the mail! I ordered these from Ruby Press on etsy. Her shop is closed for updates right now, but I highly recommend her shop. Ruby was responsive and helpful during the proof process, and worked with us to get the invitations just right.

WIPs: Napkins

In other wedding news, I (and now my mom is helping!) am making napkins for each guest. This is the first batch. I'm really happy with how they're turning out, and I'm excited to be using some stashed fabrics.

BAMS March Blocks

I also finished two of my March bee blocks. These blocks are my first for the Bee a Modern Swapper group. We used a Freshly Pieced tutorial for Mosaic Blocks. This color combination is definitely popular right now. My group for do.Good Stitches is using a similar palette this month.

WIP: HMQG Charity Quilt

The Houston Modern Quilt Guild is making charity quilts this month using (mostly) fabric donations. I finished quilting this over the weekend, and just need to apply binding. We expect to finish at least twenty quilts before April.

Sometime around Christmas, Rachel and I were chatting about dishcloths, and she was shocked when I said I'd never knitted a dishcloth. I guess I skipped that step when I was learning to knit. So I ought some Knit Picks Dishie, and got down to business.

WIPs: Ballband Washcloth

I'm using the tried and true Mason-Dixon Ballband pattern. Just a few rows here and there, mostly at night when I'm winding down, but I'll have a finished washcloth soon!

Linking up with Megan!

{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations

17 comments:

  1. I love those bee blocks! They look so effective :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the bee blocks too, but I love (from what I can see) your invitations. The colors choice is so modern and crisp, and the font looks great. Very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to make napkins for your wedding guests! I love that. Great bee blocks and kudos for knitting a washcloth -- cool pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your invites Jacey! Letterpress is always so pretty. Your wedding guests are pretty lucky to receive your handmade napkins too! I'm sure they'll be thrilled :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooohh, i spy ghost kitty!

    i love your bee blocks, i need to start mine. we are doing houses in our circle this month. i bought this pattern. http://www.etsy.com/listing/94719397/chalet-paper-pieced-pattern i am excited to try it out. i seriously love your napkins and invite! it looks so great on my fridge! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Letterpress invites - I love yours! So cute - sadly I think they're a bit out of our budget - I'm guessing that you're having a smallish wedding? Love the fact that you're making each guest napkins. Haha, if I started now MAYBE I could do that (we're looking to have 125-150 people). When's the big day?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are like the energizer bunny (in a good way!). Everything looks fantastic (love the style you chose for your invitations)...I remain constantly impressed with just how productive you are amongst all the things you have going on. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's a LOT for one weekend! I think it's so cool that your guild is doing charity quilts. And, HOLY WASHCLOTH. That's going to be a beauty. There's a crochet pattern a bit like that that I've always wanted to try. Gosh I haven't crocheted in forever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. gosh, you are a dynamo! your invitation looks really clean and modern. i love that font. and i love the idea of making napkins. you have some lovely prints in your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you have lots on the go! Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Busy bee! From the little glimpse, your invitations looks darling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooh, your invitations are so chic!! I love them. that is amazing that you're making all those napkins, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your invitations look awesome! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! You are amazing! Getting closer to your big day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The invitation cards look so nice and so 'you'! It's such a lovely idea to make napkins for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The invitations look wonderful! Cool colors and very modern. Isn't it nice to check some items off the to do list? (sjn821)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails