Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

FO: Weekender Jewelry Pouch

You probably know Kaelin, right? Yes, she's a crafty little fox, no question! And she just released a new pattern, the Weekender Jewelry Pouch. It's a quick and practical little pattern. It's a great choice for holiday gifts, and doesn't take much fabric, either! The pattern uses less than 3/4 of a yard, as well as some ribbon.

Weekender Jewelry Pouch

I used a couple of prints from the stash (not sure of the outside fabric name, does anyone know?).

Honestly, the only trouble I had with the pattern was not Kaelin's fault.
See, I've never used the automatic buttonhole feature on my machine. And it did not go well. It gave me lots of trouble, and I ended up just zig-zagging the second side. You should see Kaelin's button example in the pattern. Impeccable!

Other than that, the pattern is easy to follow and pretty interesting to make!

Weekender Jewelry Pouch

I really love that Quilt Blocks print on the inside. It's such a fun surprise.

As you can see, the pouch holds a little bundle of jewelry in the center, but there are also eight little pockets around the inner circle, so your jewelry doesn't get tangled up! Genius.

I hope your first October Monday is a happy one!

6 comments:

  1. great pouch! have a ton of trouble with my buttonholer too. i wonder if it's not one of janome's strong points.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this so much I ran over and bought the pattern. I think I'll practice my buttonhole a few times before I start making these, just in case! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heart you Jacey. And thanks for the tip on the ribbon - I snagged a bunch in every color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it a cute pattern? I had a similar issue with my auto-buttonhole feature! Ended up with a really big hole, but I changed to bigger ribbon, and all was good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute and useful little pouch!! Even your jewelry in it is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! It's miiiiiiiiine!!!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails