I'm just slightly excited about this finish.
I am freaking over the moon!
I'm sure you've had a project that you are afraid of messing up, right?
For me, I was terrified that I would quilt this "wrong".
Hence my decision to practice some free motion a few weeks ago. That same week, it just clicked, and I quilted this whole thing in a few days.
I took lots of breaks, and I still quilting in rows. I haven't quite mustered up the courage to do an all-over design, but I think the quilt is cohesive, nonetheless.
This was my first time quilting with Aurifil thread, which I really, really loved. My thread did break few times, but I think that had more to do with my tension/control of the quilt, rather than the thread quality. The thread feels nice, and I think the stitch definition is pretty marvelous! I purchased mine (40 wt) from Pink Castle Fabrics.
I finished the last block in March, and I pieced the top (with no sashing) sometime over the summer. And finally, it's done. I love it so.
The fabrics are some of my favorites, and I have fond memories of making the quilt, too. I worked on this when I first joined the Houston MQG last fall. I finished a couple of blocks on the Birmingham retreat.
I bound this in Timeless Treasures Sketch, as well as several other snippets of scraps.
A scrappy binding is a happy one!
I hand-sewed the back, because I just enjoy the process.
Oh, and I used a sheet from the linen closet to back it.
It's soft, and I didn't want to take away from the front with a pieced back. It really shows off the quilting, too!