Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

This week

I have something exciting to share with you! I'm part of a new little event that starts next week. It's the Holiday Craft Bash!

I've joined Meredith of Olivia Jane Handcrafted, Jessica of A Little Gray and Debbie of Esch House Quilts for this project.
Starting next week, we will each be sharing one tutorial a week for crafty holiday fun!

Also, I've been handsewing this morning. For do.Good Stitches this month, we are making hexagons using English paper-piecing.

Match made in heaven

I managed to finish my first of two hexagons. I LOVE these fabrics together! I used Lace in Mud from the Moda line Urban Cowgirl and Birch in Pink from Habitat.

I hope to start basting my second set of diamonds this week.

Goal #2 for the week is to finish another character on my current cross-stitch project.

Halloween stitching

Since I took this photo, I managed to finish the third little guy, so just two left! Nicke gifted me this pattern, but you can find it here.

Sorting scraps

I've also been hard at work in a major scrap organization. Since I previously just tossed all my scraps into one large bin, it was difficult to find particular scraps. I'm sorting them into similar shapes now. Long strips, shorter strips, charm squares, etc. And I have a plan for the shorter strips that I plan to start this week! I'll share more about that soon.

Reboot

And look! Knitting! I cast on for the Orchid Thief Shawl, by Ysolda last week. Ysolda is hosting a KAL on ravelry to knit this shawl by November 15th.
I was well on my way, but if you notice, the center yarn overs (small open circles) are trailing to the left. I made a mistake several rows ago, and well, I just know it will bug me. So, I'm planning to frog and restart today.

Hopefully, I'll be able to keep that line straight the second time around! I do love the color, and am enjoying the yarn.

Geez, I'm wordy today. That's all I got. Have a great Monday, friends!

7 comments:

  1. loving the new knitting project jacey. it is so beautiful. the yarn is gorgeous! and awesome that you guys are doing epp for do.good. i love your fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been on a scrap mission also. After moving and reorganizing in my sewing space, I realized I have accumulated way too many! Can't wait to see what you do with yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, scrap organization is always so inspiring. Looking forward to what you have in store in all of these new projects. Have a great week, Jacey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacey! Once again your fabric combinations inspire me! How do you do it?! I'll look forward to the holiday crafts-fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That hexagon is awesome! I love the cross stitch you're working on too, and I loved your sushi, I don't like the real stuff but the stitching is cute :) the knitting is gorgeous as well, the yarn is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorting my scraps as well! I realize that I have a little problem keeping everything!!

    Love the use of that Urban Cowgirl print!! I have a stack of those for you that I plan to send out soon -- I promise!! :) :)

    Wishing you a wonderful week of making! xM

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails