Pages

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

2/52

Thanks for the feedback on my new posting idea. It has been a great motivation so far.
This week, with continuing sinus issues, I made another new soup. I highly recommend the Red Lentil Stew (link is a blogged version) from Slow Cooker Revolution. I used fresh tomatoes (added them in the last ten minutes, before the peas; I also added Penzey's Now Curry in addition to the other spices listed).

I've still been working on that Marled scarf, and I think I'll be finished pretty quickly.

Pure eye candy

The most exciting news this week is that I basted my String Diamonds quilt, and started the quilting.

I outlined the largest diamonds on the machine, but I think the really amazing way to keep going is by hand, and so I'm going to!

You can see the diamonds best on the back.

Pure eye candy

As soon as I finish that scarf, this quilt will become my couch project. I took a hand quilting class from Chawne over the summer in Maine (AMAZING), and I'm excited to practice again!

I finished my book last night, and I'm trying to figure out which book to read next.

2 comments:

  1. Love your string quilt! I'm currently working on a selvedge edge string quilt. Wanted to suggest a book- Elinior Oliphant is completely fine. Really quick, fictional read but the main character stays with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is looking amazing already! The hand quilting is going to add such great texture and coziness!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails