Pages

Friday, January 5, 2018

1/52

Happy 2018 to you! I hope the new year is treating you well so far, and that you are able to accomplish the goals that you have set.
An idea popped into my head yesterday, and I decided that I want to try weekly posts here, with the projects I'm working on, and a few other weekly tidbits.
I still hope to share FO posts, but last year, I found myself faltering on posts. I'm hopeful that this informal weekly entry will be an approachable reboot for me.
Also, for a few years, Jeni and I have helped hold each other accountable on goals, but I never joined her on keeping track of fabric yardage. I managed to buy less overall than previous years, but I decided it's time for me to keep track of that.
So, at the end of each month, I'll share what yardage I've accumulated, as well as what I've used. I won't count yardage used until a project is finished.
As for yarn, I've been somewhat tracking that (and have greatly reduced the amount of yarn I buy). (side note to that: I've got a lot of pretties available on my ravelry destash)

So, here's a brief recap of my first week of the year:

A post shared by Jacey (@jaceynotjc) on

I finished a Facets Hat, pattern by Rose Beck.

A post shared by Jacey (@jaceynotjc) on

After that, I picked up my marled scarf (this is a gift for a friend), and have made great progress. It's about 40 inches long now!

A post shared by Jacey (@jaceynotjc) on

I also finished binding my Prism quilt and hope to get it photographed this weekend. Here's a progress shot. I love it! The pattern is in Jeni's Patchwork Essentials and fabric is all Alison Glass Handcrafted (except the binding).

I started off 2017 trying to read every day, but went bust a few months in, and only managed to finish a handful of books. This year, I'm starting with a very enjoyable book, and am halfway done. Have you read it?

And finally, I want to share this recipe, which I've been enjoying all week: BA Yellow Split Pea Soup with Spiced Coconut. As in 2016, we have set a goal of 3 new recipes a month, from our magazine and cookbook collection.

I hope you enjoy this new format. Thanks for sticking with me, through sporadic posts! I still love to create, and hope that never changes.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I read that book at my dad's over Thanksgiving! I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished it last night, and really enjoyed it, too!

      Delete
  2. Fun post! Hope you have a happy and productive 2018!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to your weekely posts. Love the marled scarf I may have to add that to my to do list. I have also been working on finishing projects and reducing my stash. I used to track my fabric usage so maybe I will do that in 2018 too. Have a happy and prosperous 2018!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails