I am very proud of this quilt. It took me about seven months to finish this first, and really, it would have taken a lot less, had I not been so intimidated about the actual quilting process.
I used some of my very favorite fabrics, including the lovely Heather Ross mermaids (I've got an entire quilt of Heather Ross Mendocino planned for the future!), the Tula Pink lady bugs, the Tip Top elephants, a Joel Dewberry favorite, some Amy Butler, and miscellaneous favorites I've picked up.
I quilted using both horizontal and vertical lines, and I actually dig the unevenness, although I can't say that was entirely intentional. It's a little difficult to wrangle a giant quilt under the machine. This is somewhere between a queen and full sized quilt. The dimensions (unwashed) are 67" x 74".
I pieced the back using a large piece of Kona Coal and several large scraps from piecing the front. I also used an entire strip of too-small squares I made for the front.
The binding is primarily Kona Snow with a tiny section of Kona Medium Pink (I ran out of Snow).
I learned a lot through this process. Red Pepper Quilts taught me about pre-sewing the binding with a zig-zag stitch, to make it easier to attach.
I know next time to tape my quilt back to the floor before starting the pinning process.
Knottygnome indicated I might want to use a few less pins next time.
All in all, making this quilt was a wonderful experience.
I'm already well into piecing my second quilt, for the Single Girl Support Group.