Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

FO: Scrap-happy Couch Pillow

Yep, that pillowtop I shared last week is now a finished pillow for the new couch. I don't have a picture of the pillow ON the couch yet, but here she is, in all the scrappy glory!

FO: Scrap-Happy Couch Pillow

I used some scraps from the stash, as well as some from an etsy purchase and the lovely Apriltwoeighty. I really love this little pillow. I found a lovely project in the Winter 2008 Stitch Magazine, which I used as my starting point. When I started pulling scraps, I loved this combination of colors, and tried to balance polka dots with vivid prints.

FO: Scrap-Happy Couch Pillow

I used a piece of bright green with branches for my backing fabric, and it's tied with a piece of cream colored ribbon. Cute!

In other sewing news, I finished. my. quilt. Seriously! I'm so excited about it, but I was too busy having a blast in Austin this weekend to take pictures. I plan to do that this weekend (please let there be sun!), though, so you won't have to wait too long to see it.

I'll also be joining the Single Girl Support Group for my next quilt project. I haven't committed to a size, but I'm planning to use my fat quarter set of Innocent Crush, as well as a few extra prints I think work well with the line.

I've got a crush...

I haven't decided on my solid fabric yet, and I'm tempted to go with gray (but it seems a little obvious). Thoughts?

ETA: I'm adding this baby to the Blogger's Pillow Party.

Blogger's Pillow Party

9 comments:

  1. Pretty pillow!

    And I think grey would go really well. It's one of my favorite colors, though, so I might be a bit biased :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pillow, I am working on one as well! I love the prints you have chosen for your Single Girl, grey would look good, I think orange would be awesome too, you'd probably have to take out the dominant orange petal-y on, but it's an option.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pillow. For your single girl quilt, I'd have said to go with yellow for the base.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute pillow - and congratulations on the finish of the quilt! You did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! The pillow looks so comfy cute.

    Those fat quarters are going to make a great quilt. Why not go with something completely girly--pink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking at your pillow makes me smile...such bright, happy colors!

    I'd guess that either a light grey or even a medium off-white verging toward tan/brown would look good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Jacey, what a fun pillow! Glad to see that your colorful personality is all over it ;).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous pillow! Congratulations on making the favorites circle at the Pillow Party. Your sewing is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails