Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

FO: Churndash Brite

Remember the Marcelle Medallion affair? Where I made a quilt, start to finish, in one month?

FO: Churndash Brite

Well, that happened again. I got the churndash block in my brain, and made block after block.

I started with a bundle that Holly created for Pink Castle Fabrics. You can see the starting bundle in this post. I went through the stash, and added lots of other prints for variety, but stuck to the color palette Holly chose.

Each block is 8.5" unfinished, and there are thirty-six blocks. I tried to make sure I varied the background color in each block, and tried many different color combinations within the blocks.

Churndash Back

I found a coordinating coral sheet at Target, which I used for the back. I chose to quilt a grid, which surrounds each churndash center. For a little added interest, I also free-motion quilted a design in the center of blocks in one row and one column.

Churndash detail

It finishes at 50" square.

FO: Churndash Brite

And I love it.

20 comments:

  1. Whoa, amazing!! It's gorgeous, and I can't believe you made it in only a month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh I love it too!! Just really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should love it! it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should totally love it, jacey!!! Wow! It turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, Jacey! I love a good churn dash quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, I absolutely love this! Your quilt just makes me want to forget about all the WIPs I have lined up in my sewing space and just start cutting into my Chicopee stash I've been hoarding. I specifically reserved that stash for a churn dash quilt. I think your quilt just put me over the edge and gave me just the right bit of motivation to finally start it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember when you posted about that tasty stack o' fabs. It looks fantastic Jacey! I really like the way you quilted it also. And yay for finishing in a month - you tenacious little sewer, you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really great job! I love the color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you made that in a month. It looks great

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the coral and the purple....I'm definitely going to haul out some aqua the next time I try that combo. Awesome quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Completely in love with this one Jacey! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jacey, that is just so pretty! love the block and your wonderful colorchoices!! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All hail the churn dash. Might be my favorite classic block. You did it proud!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this quilt so much! The colors are unexpected (for me) but superb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! That's fantastic - both the quilt and the speed! Tadpole and I both loved looking through the pictures together.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails