Well, that happened again. I got the churndash block in my brain, and made block after block.
I started with a bundle that Holly created for Pink Castle Fabrics. You can see the starting bundle in this post. I went through the stash, and added lots of other prints for variety, but stuck to the color palette Holly chose.
Each block is 8.5" unfinished, and there are thirty-six blocks. I tried to make sure I varied the background color in each block, and tried many different color combinations within the blocks.
I found a coordinating coral sheet at Target, which I used for the back. I chose to quilt a grid, which surrounds each churndash center. For a little added interest, I also free-motion quilted a design in the center of blocks in one row and one column.
It finishes at 50" square.
And I love it.