Pages

Monday, July 6, 2009

FO: Fountain Martini Pillow


I sewed up this baby over the last few weeks. I've found that I sew best when I'm not rushed, and take my time to pin the fabric first.

This pillow is of the envelope variety, although my envelope is just a smidge too short, so I may add an extra piece of fabric to provide better coverage.

It's fun to play with the format, and I'm feeling more confident about adding little sections of fabric to complete the whole picture. I imagine that just comes with a little experience.

I used less than half a yard total of two fabrics by Amy Butler. I found this to be a great ending to the yellow stage of Project Spectrum. This is sitting on my red couch, and that's where it will stay, for now.


Bella and Olias had to check out my crafty work, as always.

Look at those cute little bunny feet. Ah, I love them.

2 comments:

  1. It looks great! I love pillows--I have too many on my couch as it is though. LOL The two fabrics look really nice together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Half a yard for that - less than I would have thought, and makes me feel like Amy Butler could fit in my budget with ease for these smaller things. Good sewing inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails