Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

Food Friday

I made turkey lasagna last Saturday night for my boyfriend (well, I ate some, too!). It was delicious. I can't bring myself to use bottled sauce, so I made up a pot of sauce, using yellow onion, red pepper, crushed and whole tomatoes, red wine, a pinch of sugar and salt, black pepper, garlic, cremini mushrooms, ground turkey, spinach and fresh herbs (oregano from my mom's backyard and basil from mine).

I used no-bake whole-wheat noodles, which worked well for me. I used a combination of fresh parmesan, mozzarella and ricotta cheese.

My only complaint is that the lasagna didn't stand up very well. Perhaps I need to thicken up my sauce with a little paste to accomplish a more sturdy lasagna.
Thoughts? Suggestions?

It was so good.
I made my standard garlic herb toast (topped with more fresh herbs and cherry tomatoes!) and a salad to go with it.


I drank a little Fat Bastard Merlot as well. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Omigod, your blog always makes me hungry. :-P I have no suggestions on how to sturdy up your lasagna, but I just figure: it's all going to end up in the same place anyway, so what does it matter? That may also be why my husband does all the cooking...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails