Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Eggplant Cardigan Gift

My friend Terra is having a baby in a few weeks. I was in her wedding last year, and we've known each other since elementary school. I made her a gift for her wedding, and now I'm working on a gift for her bun in the oven, also to be known as Reese. I chose this pattern, but wanted to use stash yarn.
I chose this KnitPicks Merino Style in Eggplant, thinking it would be a good fall color for a little one. The only problem is, the pattern is written for sport yarn, and this is DK weight. I didn't make any adjustments, so my sweater is going to fit little Reese in, oh, say a couple of years. As my knitting group pointed out last night, this isn't necessarily a bad thing, as she will eventually be able to wear it. I'm still going to finish and gift it, but I'm also going to knit a (much faster) actual baby sweater to give her as well.


Here's a progress photo of the toddler cardigan (the color is truer in the stash photo above). I'm about an inch farther along in the stockinette. The pattern is really cute and easy, and it's free (see link above).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails