Pages

Monday, August 31, 2009

Sea change

In the past few months, I've seen a metamorphosis within myself. I'm not entirely different, but I have changed. I used to get so worked up about things and now, well, I just don't. Don't get me wrong, I still get pissed off and there are people I'd like to punch in the face every now and then. It's different, though. There are facts that I just accept about people, and I have stopped trying to fix them.

It's not my problem. It shouldn't be. I know this is sort of a "duh" statement, since the only person who can fix you is you.

It's in my nature, though. It's what I do. I'm a fixer. I'm trying not to be, and it's getting easier every day to just let things go.

I'm feeling good about this attitude change. I think it will get even easier as time passes until I'll look in the rearview mirror without recognition.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails