Pages

Monday, August 17, 2009

Field Trip with Rhonda

Rhonda's been on vacation for a week, and since I'm infecting her with the desire to knit, I decided she should see a few more yarn shops. I took her to Yarntopia a few weeks ago, and she's already visited a second time. I've been dying to check out Twisted Yarns, so I thought a quick drive up to Spring might be fun, especially since that meant we could also stop by The Hen House, Spring's other yarn (and fabric) shop.

We had a a fun time, especially with my super navigational skills. I got a little turned around, but we eventually found both shops.

Twisted Yarns is really nice, and the selection is great.

I scored a skein of Malabrigo in the Vaa colorway. I have plenty of Malabrigo (not enough, though. You can NEVER have enough Malabrigo!), but I've been coveting this colorway, so I snatched some up.

I love this colorway.

I also purchase these two skeins of Shibui Sock in Mulberry.

I've been wanting some semi-solid sock yarn for a shawl (maybe Ysolda's Damson, or Hello Knitty's Multnomah)

We had a great field trip, and we both showed decent restraint.

1 comment:

  1. I love both of the colors (and yarns) you picked out--two of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails